OCTOBER. I don’t know about anyone else, but fall is my favorite for several reasons…especially as a runner.
- You don’t feel like a sizzling piece of bacon after your long run
- All of the hard summer training FINALLY pays off as the fall running season kicks off
- Pumpkin everything. No, this has nothing to do with being a runner…just being human.
- The running gear I binge bought during the off-season at a steal, I can now wear. Holla!
- Runs are much more scenic. Give me all the pretty, falling leaves!
- You don’t have to worry about melting into a pile of sweat because you didn’t get up before the sun did
- Heat exhaustion after running a half marathon, not so much.
- If you stopped to catch your breath…you can actually catch it rather than being choked by the million percent humidity.
- New season, new playlists!
- Any time is a great time to run!! Early weekend wake-up calls? BYE, FELICIA.
I’m also super excited about joining a boxing gym again. Running is great for stress, but sometimes you just really need to smack the hell out of something am I right?! I’m so excited to support a local, non-franchise gym too. One of my old trainers decided to go for it and open up his own gym and I can’t sign up fast enough! My abs hurt even when I giggle just a little bit. Dude knows how to work his classes! I’m still recovering from our awards events my company hosted. It’s top-notch food, but also top-notch calories….and that’s not even counting the calories I drank. As they always say, you can’t outrun your fork…and fortunately these events don’t come around TOO often, but when the holiday season comes up and we’re hosting holiday parties or preparing dishes to bring, finding ways to cut out those extra calories is key. Instead of chips and dip, opt for a veggie tray or my favorite, cold veggie pizza for an appetizer.
- 1 cup Broccoli, fresh
- 4 Green onions
- green/red peppers
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, light
Baking & Spices
- 1 cup Red pepper, fresh
Bread & Baked Goods
- 2 Pillsbury (8 ounces/226g) cans reduced-fat pillsbury crescent rolls, reduced-fat
- 8 oz Cream cheese, reduced-fat
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
I’ve also teamed up with Chobani to feature some of their favorite ways to switch up party platter dishes so they’re a bit healthier.
If you haven’t tried Chobani Meze Dips, I have to say, they’re delicious. They have a variety of flavors to pair with your favorite veggies you have to snack on. Back away from those chips and eat fresh! The roasted red pepper and the three pepper salsa are my favorites. My usual go-to before trying these out was hummus. The very sad, unfortunate thing about hummus is that it’s fat content is RIDICULOUS. So naturally, I avoided looking at the label. #ignoranceisbliss. Not really…SO I feel like this is a great option.
You want to know who else is a great supporter of Chobani products? Apollo. So…you know they’re good right? #Apolloing
Overall, if you snack healthy, you feel healthy. Just my opinion. I don’t think I’ve ever felt like slipping into a pair of skinny jeans after eating my weight in chips and salsa. Healthy snack options are always good to have in your back packet whether you want a little something for yourself or if you’re throwing a party. Don’t ask Apollo for any ideas though…he’ll just stare at you in his box.
Or….try to steal said healthy snack (not pictured). #Rude.
Cheers to eating fresh and getting your sweat on!