Oh no, the “about me” section…this is like when you’re at a job interview and they ask, “so tell me about yourself” and you sit there like…”ummm I like to write, do deadlifts and drink?” JK guys…well not really.
Let’s start with how I got involved with fitness and all that jazz. I was in a place that wasn’t the “real world” yet. Otherwise known as college. It was 2009, I was overweight and unhealthy. Oh and insecure. As us Sweat Pink Ambassadors call it, my “AHA” moment came one day when I was teetering on 200lbs at 5’8. NOPE. Not having it. I went full-throttle, lost over 35lbs, replaced a bunch of my wiggly bits with muscle and there ya have it. My current self. What I like best about fitness is it’s a constant state of being. It’s not a destination. It’s a lifestyle. Now I like to run around my neighborhood for miles on end like a crazy person listening to Katy Perry and The Beatles, lift until my muscles are screaming and balance it all out with a little happy hour at the end of the week.
Here is my before/after photo from where I started to now. I’m still mourning the loss of my boobs, but hey I gained some abs! I knew they were there somewhere!
Once I saw some serious progress, I started to get some requests from people to share my “secret” but unfortunately I didn’t have any…I just worked my ass off (literally) at the gym and didn’t drink my weight in calories and stopped eating out so much. You know, stopped the whole typical college diet. It wasn’t easy.
I used to blog over at The Rant which was a more of an everything-type blog and this new project of mine is more so lifestyle/fitness focused.
But now that I’ve rambled on about where I’ve been fitness wise, let’s take a little survey as to where I’m at now.
So Here’s some random things about me in no particular order….
- I’m recently married to my hubs and we also bought our first home. I’ve been with the same guy for almost 10 years now so he much be a pretty big deal right?
- I have two furbabies, Apollo and Luigi who will most likely populate my blog frequently as they have in the past and on my other social handles.
- If you want to kill me slowly, chew with your mouth open, wear crocs and praise Kanye.
- I would rather run in below freezing temps than on a treadmill.
- My guiltiest pleasure is trash television. (i.e. Botched, anything on TLC)
- I have an online shopping addiction that my hubs can definitely vouch for, but a shipping cost can ruin my life.
- When I’m not running a race, you can most likely find my head buried in a book.
- Two big weaknesses: carbs and alcohol
- Hidden Talent : my ability to remember the lyrics to pretty much any 90’s pop song…
Disclaimer: I’m not a certified fitness trainer or accredited by any kind of fitness association. Any tips and/or advice you read on this blog is to be taken with that in mind unless otherwise noted. 🙂